Sculpture On 73rd Avenue
Call For Art
The South Westminster Arts Group will be accepting submissions for the Fifth Annual Sculpture on 73rd Avenue Art on Loan Program in July 2014. Sculpture artists from Colorado and across the nation are invited to submit entries for nomination into this highly successful community arts program. Sculptures chosen for inclusion in the program will be prominently displayed in the heart of the Historic Westminster Arts District near the Rodeo Market Community Arts Center at 3915 W. 73rd Ave for one year.
The South Westminster Arts Group will promote and host an Open House for the public to view and comment on the submitted sculptures during the Historic Westminster Orchard Festival on September 27, 2014. A jury of local business owners and community members will make the final selections based on the results and comments from the public survey.
- Winning submissions will receive a $500 stipend for the display of their work for 1 year.
- SWAG will coordinate with local and regional media to promote the sculpture on loan program.
- Sculptures will be considered for purchase by the City of Westminster as part of the city’s public art program, which requires developers to invest in the purchase of public art in conjunction with new development projects.
- To date sculptures have sold from this program ranging in price from $5000 to $21,000.
- Monthly Art walks, programming at the Rodeo Market Community Art Center and other area activities draw people from all over the Denver area to the metro area’s newest arts community.
Submissions are due to
no later than Wednesday, September 17th. Mail in submissions should be postmarked no later than Monday, September 15th , 2014.
For More Information Please Contact Keith at
or Call Debbie Teter at 720-217-8623
Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 July 2014 02:42